Written by Sarah Welling, Receptionist.
Please enjoy and share our Top 5 list for school holiday reading:
Top 5 story books that target confidence building in kids:
1. Baby Tiger by Susan Hellard
2. A Very Proper Fox by Jan Fearnley
3. Wanda’s First Day by Mark Sperring
4. Silly Billy by Anthony Browne
5. My Name is Johari by Anne Sibley O’Brien
Authors catering for every age are Dr Seuss (e.g., “Oh, The Places You Will Go”; “My Many Coloured Days”) and Peter H. Reynolds “The Dot”; “Ish”; and, a particularly special title*, “I’m Here” [ *read Mr. Schu’s interview with Dr. Paul Mullen, a clinical psychologist who works with young people: http://mrschureads.blogspot.com.au/search?q=I’m+Here ]
Best family reading series for the holidays are books by Enid Blyton such as The Magic Faraway Tree and of course JK Rowling’s Harry Potter!