Dr Anne Chalfant and the Annie’s Centre team have contributed to parenting magazines, online forums, local and national newspapers and presented on talk back radio on a range of issues related to child health and development.
Some examples of areas where Dr Chalfant has recently contributed include:
- Bullying – Radio 2UE
- Literacy and the MultiLit Program- Alan Jones Program Radio 2GB
- Managing Sleep Disturbance- Radio 2GB
- Back to School Tips – Radio 2GB
- Raising Children During Separation and Divorce- Radio 2GB
- Explaining War to Children – Article for Kidspot.com.au
- The Diagnosis of Autism – Khaleej Times, United Arab Emirates
- The Whinge Dwellers – Sunday Life Magazine
- Positive Parenting – Articles for both the Wentworth and Southern Couriers
- When Kids Push Boundaries Too Far – Sydney Morning Herald
- Diagnosing Autism – Health Times
- Asperger’s Syndrome Research and Developments – Health Times
Incidence of Autism in Australia
May 12, 2016
Alan Jones of 2GB interviews the clinical psychologist and founder of “Annie’s Centre” about the incidence of autism in Australia.
Children and Mental illness
August 12, 2014 – OpenHouse
Mission Australia reports that one in five young Australians are experiencing mental illness. In this podcast, child psychologist Dr Anne Chalfant sheds more light on the experience of mental health issues among Australian children and youth.
Children and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) for Open House
September 8, 2014 – OpenHouse
Between 2009 and 2012, there was a 79 per cent increase in the number of people diagnosed with autism in Australia. In this podcast, child psychologist Dr Anne Chalfant discusses the health and developmental needs for kids with autism and shares her experience supporting families after an autism diagnosis.
Please contact the centre to arrange an interview with Dr Chalfant or any other professionals in our team.